This week is Rheumatoid Arthritis week and I’m so pleased that This Morning dedicated to the Emmerdale Actress Clare King who plays the infamous Kim Tate who has been shielding due to her own struggle with Arthritis. Clare is supporting the We R A Priority campaign – a platform where others who have the condition can connect and campaign for a better awareness.
I myself was diagnosed with the condition in December 2019 and it greatly affects my pelvis and spine – If you want to read about my journey with this debilitating condition just type ‘Arthritis’ in the search bar.
I’m here to banish some myths and give some tips.
- Arthritis isn’t just an elderly persons condition – it affects young people too. For more support visit: http://www.versusarthritis.com
- Popping your knuckles doesn’t cause the condition.
- Unfortunately there’s no cure but can be managed with painkillers.
- Turmeric and Ginger are natural anti inflammatories
- CBD oil works for muscles not joints, you may want to try a TENS machine.
- Arthritis isn’t caused by a lack of calcium or vitamin D.
- Veganism and essential oils aren’t a cure.
- Physio therapy/massages/ hot water bottles/ microwaveable bean bags/ electric blankets can ease it.
- In the damp weather wrap up warmly; Hat, scarves, gloves, coats and blankets.
I hope this helps but as always before making any Lifestyle changes please consult your GP,
If you want to know more about the WE R A PRIORITY visit: http://www.WeRApriority.com