Ingredients You’ll Need for This Recipe
• Unsalted butter
• Granulated sugar
• Vanilla extract
• All-purpose flour
• Jolly Ranchers
- Unwrap and separate Jolly Ranchers into each color then place in separate small resealable bags. Crush into bits using a meat mallet, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer cream together butter, sugar and salt until well combined.
- Mix in eggs one at a time then blend in vanilla.
- With mixer set on low speed slowly add in flour and mix until well combined.
- Scrape dough out and shape into a rectangle, wrap in plastic wrap and and chill 1 hour.
- Cut chilled dough into thirds. Leave one portion out to work with and chill remaining.
- Roll dough out onto a floured surface (about 1/5-inch thick). Cut out as many large stars as possible using a star shape cookie cutter (approx. 3.5 – 4-inch stars).
- Transfer cut stars to baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Cut a smaller star from the center of each and remove (using a 1.5-inch star cutter). Re-roll and cut scrap dough.
- Fill cut out centers about 3/4 of the way with crushed jolly ranchers. Chill cookies in refrigerator 15 – 20 minutes Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake cookies until set and candy center has melted, about 12 – 14 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet until jolly ranchers have hardened. Repeat process with remaining refrigerated dough. Store in an airtight container
Image courtesy of https://www.cookingclassy.com/stained-glass-cookies/
Click on the image above to head to cookingclassy.com